Health & Safety Policy
Part 1: Statement of Intent
Integrated Fitness and Sports Institute (IFSI) is committed to providing a safe, clean & healthy workplace for all faculty & employees.
This is the health and safety policy statement of: Integrated Fitness and Sports Institute (IFSI)
Our health and safety policy is to:
- Prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill health
- Manage health and safety risks in our workplace
- Provide clear instructions and information, and adequate training, to ensure employees are competent to do their work
- Provide personal protective equipment (whenever applicable)
- Ensure safe handling and use of substances or equipment
- Provide and maintain safe workplace and equipment
- Maintain safe and healthy working conditions
- Implement emergency procedures, including evacuation in case of fire or other significant incident
- Review and revise this policy regularly
All employees should:
- co-operate with supervisors and managers on health and safety matters;
- take reasonable care of their own health and safety; and
- report all health and safety concerns to an appropriate person.
- We will complete relevant risk assessments and take actions
- We will review risk assessments when working habits or conditions change
- We will give staff and subcontractors health and safety induction and provide appropriate training (including working with heavy equipment and electric safety).
- We will provide personal protective equipment (whenever necessary).
- We will make sure suitable arrangements are in place for employees who work remotely (whenever necessary).
- We will consult staff routinely on health and safety matters as they arise and formally when we review health and safety.
- We will make sure escape routes are well signed and kept clear at all times.
- Evacuation plans are tested from time to time and updated if necessary.
Data Protection Policy
Integrated Fitness and Sports Institute (IFSI) needs to keep certain information about its employees, learners and other users to allow it to monitor performance, achievements, and health and safety, for example. It also needs to process information so that staff can be recruited and paid, courses organized and legal obligations to funding bodies and government complied with.
To comply with the law, information must be collected and used fairly, stored safely and not disclosed to any other person unlawfully. To do this, we comply with the Data Protection Principles, which are set out in the Data Protection Act 1998.
In summary, the data shall:
- Be obtained and processed fairly and lawfully and shall not be processed unless certain conditions are met.
- Be obtained for a specified and lawful purpose and shall not be processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose.
- Be adequate, relevant and not excessive for those purposes.
- Be accurate and keep up to date.
- Not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose.
- Be processed in accordance with the data subject’s rights.
- Be kept safe from unauthorized access, accidental loss or destruction.
- Not be transferred to a country outside India, unless that country has equivalent levels of protection for personal data.
Refund & Cancellation Policy
- Registration fee once paid is non refundable & non adjustable.
- After the course fee has been paid no request for refund /adjustment / transfer will be entertained under any circumtances.
Registration cancellation can be done –
- If submission of fee is delayed more that 15 days of commencement date.
- In case of any violant, indecent, threatening or offensive behaviour against any one (staff / students / mentors) in the institute.
Terms of Enrollment:
By enrolling in a course provided by Integrated Fitness & Sports Institute, you agree to be legally bound by the following terms and conditions (these “Terms and conditions of enrolment”).
A reference in these terms and conditions to “we,” “us” or “our” is a referred to by Integrated Fitness & Sports Institute.
In case of any assistance or clarification with any of the below points, you can reach to us email@example.com or call 08010189189.
- Integrated Fitness & Sports Institute reserves rights of admission
- When enrolment form is signed by student, it is assumed that student must have read all the rules and regulations of institute.
- The terms of enrollment are legally binding when signed by the applicant and accepted by Integrated Fitness & Sports Institute.
You are not permitted to change your training course without a prior intimation through application letter. Training course modification demand could merely be approved for an upgrade; no downgrade demand will be approved, training course can be altered with additional fee will be imposed depending upon the chosen programme.
Policy brief & Purpose:
Our anti-harassment policy expresses our commitment to maintain a workplace that’s free of harassment, so our employees can feel safe and happy. We will not tolerate anyone intimidating, humiliating or sabotaging others in our workplace. We also prohibit wilful discrimination based on [age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, racial, religion or disability.]
This workplace harassment policy applies to all employees, contractors, public visitors, customers and anyone else whom employees come into contact with at work. For more details on how to recognize, report and deal with sexual harassment and harassment from outside our company, please refer to our sexual harassment policy and our third party harassment policy.
What is the definition of harassment in the workplace?
Harassment includes bullying, intimidation, direct insults, malicious gossip and victimization. We can’t create an exhaustive list, but here are some instances that we consider harassment:
- [Sabotaging someone’s work on purpose.]
- [Engaging in frequent or unwanted advances of any nature.]
- [Commenting derogatorily on a person’s ethnic heritage or religious beliefs.]
- [Starting or spreading rumors about a person’s personal life.]
- [Ridiculing someone in front of others or singling them out to perform tasks unrelated to their job (e.g. bringing coffee) against their will.]
Sexual harassment is illegal and we will seriously investigate relevant reports. If an employee is found guilty of sexual harassment, they will be terminated.
How to address Harassment:
If you’re being harassed, whether by a colleague, customer or vendor, you can choose to talk to any of these people:
Offenders: If you suspect that an offender doesn’t realize they are guilty of harassment, you could talk to them directly in an effort to resolve the issue. This tactic is appropriate for cases of minor harassment (e.g. inappropriate jokes between colleagues.) Avoid using this approach with customers or stakeholders.
Your manager: If customers, stakeholders or team members are involved in your claim, you may reach out to your manager. Your manager will assess your situation and may contact HR if appropriate.
HR: Feel free to reach out to HR in any case of harassment no matter how minor it may seem. For your safety, contact HR as soon as possible in cases of serious harassment (e.g. sexual advances) or if your manager is involved in your claim. Anything you disclose will remain confidential.
Punishment for harassment depends on the severity of the offence and may include counselling, reprimands, suspensions or termination.
Equality and Diversity Policy
Integrated Fitness and Sports Institute (IFSI) is dedicated to encouraging a supportive and inclusive culture amongst the whole workforce. It is within our best interest to promote diversity and eliminate discrimination in the workplace.
Our aim is to ensure that all employees and job applicants are given equal opportunity and that our organisation is representative of all sections of society. Each employee will be respected and valued and able to give their best as a result.
This policy reinforces our commitment to providing equality and fairness to all in our employment and not provide less favourable facilities or treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, religion or belief, or sex and sexual orientation. We are opposed to all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.
All employees, no matter whether they are part-time, full-time, or temporary, will be treated fairly and with respect. When IFSI selects candidates for employment, promotion, training, or any other benefit, it will be on the basis of their aptitude and ability. All employees will be given help and encouragement to develop their full potential and utilise their unique talents. Therefore, the skills and resources of our organisation will be fully utilised and we will maximise the efficiency of our whole workforce.
Integrated Fitness and Sports Institute’s Commitments:
- To create an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of all team members are recognised and valued.
- To create a working environment that promotes dignity and respect for every employee.
- To not tolerate any form of intimidation, bullying, or harassment, and to discipline those that breach this policy.
- To make training, development, and progression opportunities available to all staff.
- To promote equality in the workplace, which IFSI believes is good management practice and makes sound business sense.
- To encourage anyone who feels they have been subject to discrimination to raise their concerns so we can apply corrective measures.
- To encourage employees to treat everyone with dignity and respect.
- To regularly review all our employment practices and procedures so that fairness is maintained at all times.
IFSI will inform all employees that an equality and diversity policy is in operation and that they are obligated to comply with its requirements and promote fairness in the workplace. The policy will also be drawn to the attention of funding agencies, stakeholders, customers, learners, and job applicants.
IFSI’s equality and diversity policy is fully supported by senior management and has been agreed with trade unions and/or employee representatives Our policy will be monitored and reviewed annually to ensure that equality and diversity is continually promoted in the workplace.
The purpose and scope of this policy statement
Integrated Fitness and Sports Institute works with Learners as part of its activities. These include: All Courses that we conduct at our Institute.
The purpose of this policy statement is:
- To protect learners and young people who receive Integrated Fitness and Sports Institute’s services. This includes adults who are learners who use our services
- To provide parents, staff and volunteers with the overarching principles that guide our approach to learner’s protection.
This policy statement applies to anyone working on behalf of Integrated Fitness and Sports Institute, including senior managers and the board of trustees, paid staff, volunteers, sessional workers, agency staff and students.
We believe that:
- Learners and young people should never experience abuse of any kind
- We have a responsibility to promote the welfare of all learners and young people, to keep them safe and to practise in a way that protects them.
We recognise that:
- The welfare of the learner is paramount
- All learners, regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation have a right to equal protection from all types of harm or abuse
- Some learners are additionally vulnerable because of the impact of previous experiences, their level of dependency, communication needs or other issues
- Working in partnership with learners, young people, their parents, carers and other agencies is essential in promoting young people’s welfare.
We will seek to keep learners and young people safe by:
- Valuing, listening to and respecting them
- Appointing a nominated learner protection/safeguarding lead, a deputy learner protection/safeguarding lead and a lead trustee/board member for safeguarding
- Developing learner protection and safeguarding policies and procedures which reflect best practice
- Using our safeguarding procedures to share concerns and relevant information with agencies who need to know, and involving learners, young people, parents, families and carers appropriately
- Creating and maintaining an anti-bullying environment and ensuring that we have a policy and procedure to help us deal effectively with any bullying that does arise
- Developing and implementing an effective online safety policy and related procedures
- Sharing information about child protection and safeguarding best practice with learner, their families, staff and volunteers via leaflets, posters, group work and one-to-one discussions
- Recruiting staff and volunteers safely, ensuring all necessary checks are made
- Providing effective management for staff and volunteers through supervision, support, training and quality assurance measures
- Implementing a code of conduct for staff and volunteers
using our procedures to manage any allegations against staff and volunteers appropriately
- Ensuring that we have effective complaints and whistleblowing measures in place
- Ensuring that we provide a safe physical environment for our learners, young people, staff and volunteers, by applying health and safety measures in accordance with the law and regulatory guidance
- Recording and storing information professionally and securely.
Related policies and procedures
This policy statement should be read alongside our organisational policies and procedures, including:
- Procedures for responding to concerns about a learner or young person’s wellbeing
- Dealing with allegations of abuse against a learner or young person
- Role of the designated safeguarding officer
- Managing allegations against staff and volunteers
- Safer recruitment policy and procedures
- Adult to learner supervision ratios
- Code of conduct for staff and volunteers
- Anti-bullying policy and procedures
- Online safety policy and procedures for responding to concerns about online abuse
- Photography and image sharing guidance
- Learner protection records retention and storage policy
- Whistleblowing policy
- Integrated Fitness and Sports Institute (IFSI) is no longer working or intending to work with any host(s) in any city starting 01.01.2019
- The 100 hours in case of our professional qualifications is blended learning i.e contact hours plus self-study.
- Hours may also vary depending also on city/batch size.
- Schedule(s), venue and faculty subject to change due to reasons beyond anyone’s control
- The discount(s)/schemes/offers are at the jurisdiction of IFSI management
- A lot-of-effort goes into arranging for trainings, venues, learners from different parts of the country, arranging for master trainers (their availability and opportunity cost)
- Keeping the above in mind, it is not possible to refund the money received for any of our trainings.
1st floor, Radha Raman society, Above HDFC Bank, Bapu Bagwe Road,
Kandarpada, Dahisar West, Mumbai 400 068, Maharashtra, India.
Contact : +91 87792 59839 / +91 88797 90056
Bombay Fitness, JK Tower, First floor, Sai Pooja Road,
Vikhroli (East), Mumbai – 400 083, Maharashtra, India.
Contact : +91 80101 89189 / +91 82638 97474
Arkfit Arena Gym, 2nd Floor, Opp. Central Park, Near HDFC Bank,
Apte Road, Pune – 411 004, Maharashtra, India.
Contact : +91 84460 89777 / +91 84464 84777